2.14.2008

This Years American Idol Controversy?


I've been watching American Idol since it started here in the US. This years' semi-finalists are a talented lot, more so from the previous years. I've had my favorites early on and one (I have a few faves) of them is the gal with the Irish accent, Carly Smithson. She has a very good voice and very pretty, she reminds me of Demi Moore only with short hair. I think it's her eyes, very similar to Demi.

Anyway, she was picked to be one of the 24 semi-finalists. Imagine my surprise last week when I read about her in a Yahoo blog. It seems that Carly already had 3 albums under her belt, it was released in 2001 and did not do very well. She was single then so she was using her maiden name Carly Hennessy.

Now, I'm not quite familiar with the 'rules' of AI but I do think it's unfair to the others who are starting from scratch. If I was one of those who were rejected before reaching the semi-finals, I would definitely feel cheated.

You can read the blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)