5.08.2008

What You See Isn't Exactly 'Real'


When you look at the Vogue cover featuring Gwynneth Paltrow, what do you see? Do you see someone who has flawless skin, no wrinkles, perfect hair and outfit? That's what I saw at first, but after a minute, I noticed that something is off. Do you see it now?

Well, if you haven't noticed, then I'll tell you what it is. If you look closely, her head looks detached from her body. This is Photoshop gone BAD. Which brings us to my point. All actresses, models and celebrities don't look like their publicity shot in real life. Their photos get fixed-up heavily. They take away the facial imperfections, that's why all you see on the cover are women with perfect skin.

Remember the fiasco with Kate Winslet? One magazine, I don't remember which got a lot of flack because they made her thinner than she really is. Having a daughter who is in her 'impressionable years', I don't buy beauty magazines. I don't want her to think that to be considered 'beautiful', one has to be rail-thin, blonde and fair skinned and flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)