11.19.2008

Early Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving is almost here and I am starting to panic. You see, we will have Thanksgiving dinner this Sunday. Uhuh, that's in four days. Dh's parents are leaving for Florida earlier this year so they asked if we can have it this weekend. They're what you call 'Snowbirds', they spend their winters in the south and come back in April. We will be celebrating it in my house for the 4th year in a row. My MIL decided she's too old to prepare Thanksgiving dinner and she let us all know about it. LOL Anyway, since I'm the only daughter in-law who enjoys cooking, I volunteered. I'm having the regular menu for this day which is roasted Turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet yams, vegetable side dishes, some appetizers which includes Lumpia Shanghai and for dessert, Pumpkin Cheesecake. Just thinking of all these food makes me want to go on a diet and take Anoretix. I need to walk longer on the treadmill starting this week, or else I'll end up like the Pillsbury dough boy.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what Lumpia Shanghai is but I bet it's tasty. And pumpkin cheesecake is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I can't wait for Thanksgiving, all the food that you mentioned, naku sira na naman ang diet ko nito... Then after that, there are alot of christmas parties to attend... hay!
    Anyway, just want to greet you advance Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the turkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner! Don't worry about putting on weight. You will burn it off after Thanksgiving, won't you? : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Preston
    If ever you're in MA I'll cook some Lumpia Shanghai for you. It is similar to a Vietnamese Spring Roll sans noodles.
    @Debbie
    Thank you! Have a nice Thanksgiving too!
    @Foong
    Thanks. Glad to report that I didn't stuff myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)