1.28.2009

Family First

It's true what they say about getting married and starting a family, your whole life changes drastically. I remember when I was still single and had to designate a beneficiary for my term life insurance
and of course I put in my parents name and my siblings. The moment I got married, I changed it to my husband. Now, my first priority is my family. That doesn't mean that I don't care for my parents and siblings anymore. I'm the eldest in the family therefore I have responsibilities. I think this is typical in many Asian countries, children caring for their parents when they're older. Now that I have my own kids, I am trying to instill these values that I grew up with. I know that I am not going to show them the door once they turn 18. No offense to those who think otherwise but 18 year olds are not ready to be on their own. Plus, they will be going to college, no ifs or buts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)