1.29.2009

Why Do You Unfriend Someone?

I belong to a couple of social networking sites and most recently, with the prodding of my sister, I signed up with Facebook. I am most active with Friendster as most of my friends in the Philippines are members of this network. I'm also with Hi5 although I don't honestly remember who sent me an invite. I know that I signed up with MySpace just because I wanted to purchase an original song by a Fil-Am musician. I only have two friends there, this musician and the guy who works in MySpace. :o)

Anyway, back to the title of this post. I was shopping online for Cheap Blinds when I got sidetracked and logged in to my Friendster account. I was checking my friend list when I noticed some faces (only two) missing. I checked their profile and sure enough it was set on private and I cannot view it because I'm not their friend? WTH? I don't remember offending anyone. It made me wonder why? It's most likely that I will meet again one of those who unfriended me. I'll definitely ask (nicely) her why she did it. I'm just curious. It's not that I'm going to miss her, I guess it's just an ego thing. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that I was "unfriended" on Facebook. To be honest, I didn't even realize it for at least a couple of weeks. I don't really care, but like you said, it's an ego thing.

    He is the little brother of a girl I went to high school with. He was kind of twerpy, but I did a friend request because he was her little brother. We didn't even exchange hellos or anything. I've been enjoying talking to some of the people I've reconnected with but I haven't even talked to her much. She doesn't seem to be that into it.

    Maybe he didn't like seeing my activity on his feed. Maybe he didn't know how to turn off the emails and was getting too many from my activity. MAYBE there's some sort of horrible rumor going around my home-town about me that he knows about and doesn't want to be associated with me because of it. Haha!

    When I ask myself if I care what this guy thinks, the answer is no, but it is an ego thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)