4.28.2009

Spring has Finally Sprung!

Well, I can finally say that it finally feels like spring, no more freezing weather! Actually, these past two days, it feels like the middle of summer! Yes, you read that right. Last weekend, the temps reached 90 degrees, here in the coast of New England, in the middle of April. Whowouldathunk? So, have I done any yardwork? Well, I haven't but my wonderful man did. He cleaned all the flower beds and raked the dead leaves. He did it all without being asked, isn't he great? I haven't planted any annuals yet but I plan to do it this weekend. As usual, I am planting tomatoes. I love eating fresh tomatoes with a little salt. I am also planting basil beside the tomato plant. I read from Lola's gardening blog that this helps out with insect control. Now I have to figure out how to keep Bambi and her family from eating my hostas!

4 comments:

  1. I did my little gardening yesterday, with lotsa praying too that they may grow, lol! I plant Pechay and Sitaw. I saw the seed at Wal-Mart and got so excited about it. I'm also thinking of planting some tomatoes as well. good luck to us, especially to me ,with a black thumb! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh tomatoes with some salt is healthy yet tasty enough. It's great to be able to plant some to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is spring better than summer? I think I prefer spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to have a garden and plant as much as i could :) btw, I got a tag for you here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)