12.01.2010

The New Homeless

I saw this piece from the news last night, it is about people who lost their homes and are now living in their motor homes. Are they considered homeless or not? Technically, I guess they are not homeless because they still have a place they can call their own. What are the pros and cons of living in a motor home for a long time? Well, you don't have much space, no privacy and depending on how big your motorhome is, not a lot of conveniences. But then, you do not have a lot of expenses compared to living in a house, you only have motor home repairs to worry about. Is it better than living in a small and cramped motel room? Honestly, I do not know the answer to that. I'm sure these people want to be in their house and nowhere else.

I feel bad every time I hear people losing their homes to foreclosure, but not if they lost it because of trying to keep up with the Joneses. if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)