5.17.2008

To Lasik or Not to Lasik?

I have been thinking for years now if I should have Lasik surgery. There are a lot of reasons why I think I should. One is that it will save us money in the long run considering how expensive eyeglass frames can be. The other obvious reason is it will give me freedom from using eyeglasses and contacts. So what's keeping me from doing it? It's only one thing, I am worried that I will be in that small percentage of patients that will get a negative side effect from the surgery. It is my eyesight that I am risking and it is the most important among the senses for me. But I know of families and friends that have undergone Lasik surgery and they can't say enough praises about it. My father-in-law who had Lasik surgery when he was 68 years old said that it was the best decision he has ever done. My friend in California told me that her husband had Lasik in Walnut Creek in the San Francisco Bay Area. LaserVue Lasik surgeons have performed more than 25,000 procedures so her husband felt confident that he was in good hands. Her husband's eyesight is now almost 20/20 which is the perfect eyesight. After hearing these personal testimonies, I am now more inclined to have Lasik surgery. Probably the next time you see me, I will not be wearing my eyeglasses anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)