7.29.2008

When in The Netherlands, Watch Out For Bikes...Yikes!

There are bicycles everywhere in The Netherlands. Everytime I look out the car window, I see a person riding a bike. When we were visiting Amsterdam, I saw this traffic light for bikes. I did not notice this in other European countries we visited, maybe some of them have it too. I think it's good that they have these all over the place. Now, if they can only ask those bikers to slow down. We had a couple of close calls with bicycles, granted we shouldn't be in the bike lane but what happened to using their horns or bells? What do they expect from tourists, we are usually too busy looking around at beautiful sights to pay attention to where we are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)