8.11.2008

4x100 Meter Swimming Heroes

us_swimming_men

I almost passed out from excitement while watching the 4x100 meter freestyle relay in the Olympics last night. Did you see it? Was that nail-biting or what! I think I paused breathing when Jason Lezak started gaining on the Frenchman trash talker Alain Bernard. I saw his long arms moving stroke after stroke until he was right along him. Then it happened, he pushed his hand forward after his last stroke while the Frenchman was going for another stroke. It was over. USA won the Gold medal!

Ok, let me breathe first. I am getting excited again and my BP went up. hahaha I was ecstatic! Weren't you? I love this guys! Before the Olympics, Bernard commented that they would "smash" the Americans." Well, they almost did. He is considered one of the world's best and holds a world record. Now after the medal ceremony, the other French swimmer Amaury Leveaux said " A fingertip did the victory. It is nothing." Typical loser response, plain sourgrapes.

No matter what they say, we have the gold medal and they don't. In the Olympics, that's all that matters. Hah!

Congratulations to our swimming heroes: Jason Lezak, Cullen Jones, Garrett Weber-Gale and Michael Phelps .

For the Silver medalists, "LET THEM EAT CAKE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)