8.20.2008

The Duomo in Florence, Italy


I took this photo of the Duomo in Florence, Italy. Isn't it a beautiful church? I love the colors of the marble used. (Read more for more Duomo photos.)

This is the Campanille (Giotto's bell tower). To climb up the tower, you pay a fee of 5Euro. It has 414 steps. sorry, no elevators here. :)

The outside surface of the church is being cleaned.The front part has been done and you can see the result. The statues and sculptures on the outside are all replicas. The originals are stored in the Opera del Duomo (Museum of the Cathedral) located in another building at the back of the Duomo. The entrance fee is very affordable
The back part of the church is not yet cleaned and you can see the grime and dirt from pollution.

Photos inside the Duomo. It's not as breathtaking as St. Peter's Basilica (nothing
is, in my opinion) but the painting on the cuppola is worth the visit. You can climb up the cuppola (400 steps) for a fee of 5Euro. Breathtaking views await you at the top.



This is my favorite photo in Florence. I saw this priest walking alongside the Duomo. I should've asked him for a photo-op with me. :)

I hope you enjoyed these photos. Florence truly is a beautiful city and should be in your lists of places to see in Italy.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great photo. I am always amazed by the photographers in the blogosphere. Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like it and I appreciate the picture. How exquisite to see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)