8.08.2008

Everything's Sluggish...

I felt sluggish this morning when I woke up. I didn't get a good night's sleep because of the thunderstorm. I usually don't have trouble sleeping; I'm one of those people that goes right into deep sleep less than 10 minutes after I lay down on the pillow. Last night was different though, I found myself staring out the window waiting for the next lightning and thunder. I was glad that the lightning was more than 2 miles away.
You know how to approximate how far the lightning is, right? If you don't then here it is courtesy of WikiAnswer: The distance between you and the lightening can be estimated by counting the seconds between the two. Since sound travels about 1128 feet per second and there are 5280 feet in a mile, if you start counting when you see the light... one thousand one, one thousand two... and then each multiple of five will be about one mile. So, for example, if you count to ten, then the lightening strike was two miles away.
Anyway, I am dead tired today. I feel like taking some energy pills to boost me up. Just kidding! I'll just take double my daily dose of coffee, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)