8.08.2008

Fun in Summer Day Camp


Today's the last day of Amber's summer camp at Camp Metacomet. She's been going to day camp for the last two weeks. This is her third year attending this camp here in the YMCA in our town but this was the first time where she's in a group that's all girls. Camp Metacomet is a fun camp, that's why she wants to go back every year. The facility is beside a vast nature conservation land so kids have a lot of outdoor activities. Amber's favorites are the ropes course, nature walk, swimming, archery, cooking and the rock wall. Wait, that's almost everything! :) She won an award for being the best rock wall climber of all the girls in camp. That's quite an achievement, I'm so proud of her. She also hit the bullseye in archery (she took after dh, who used to play archery). Don't mind me, I'm just being a typical mom who's proud of her offspring. I wonder how she'll do in a traditional camp, one where kids don't go home for a week or so. I don't think she's ready for that though and I don't think I'll be ready for that any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)