10.22.2008

I'm Watching Every Penny


Well, maybe not every penny but I found myself extra cautious on spending money. Case in point, I had a physical exam scheduled last Monday. The day before, I thought about it and figured that I can have that exam coincide with another doctor appointment in December. By doing so, I will save money on the co-pay. It may not be much but it is something. Another time was during grocery shopping. I went to the cheese section and picked up mozarella that costs around $8.00. When I got to the dairy section, I saw a mozarella made by another company at just half the price. Usually, I would go for the other brand, this time though, I decided to get the cheaper one. I'm sure the kids will not even know the difference. So it's by doing these small things day-to-day made me realize how much change I made. I guess watching all these shows advising people to watch what they spend had an effect on my spending too. Did you change the way you shop and spend money in the wake of this financial mess?

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely! We are all watching ever penny since our retirement accounts and savings is in jeapordy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do change a lot. I am now buying cold cut meat like honey turkey, honey ham, honey barbecue chicke breast for sanwich for either lunch or dinner whenever we like. I said, to hb we need to change what I'm doing everyday. I'm also buying store brand name. I also buy a lot when there's on sale so I don't have to keep buying just like meat. Since our financial crisis now adays we have to be very conservative of spending money. I use to have get together every month in my house last year, but I realized I can't do it anymore. I'm careful now than used to be. Hubby and I talk about not going to have a lot of parties this year and we have to cut our spending on gift and my sister in law already said, we have to spend less on gift this year instead of $35 will go down to $25 for exchange gift. hay buhay ng economy hirap kaya ingat rin tayo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by and add my link to yours mr.linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant idea. We need to spend wisely even if we have enough money to buy high end products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mareng barb, tama ka dyan. ako din pag nag grocery.. gusto ko ma try yong ibang brand or producto. very much opposite kami ni jp dahil stick to one brand talaga cya. lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really stop spending Beth. Umiiwas ako sa mall during weekends,park lang kami lagi. di ako hilig magluto kaya hubby panay take out kaya ngayun trying hard ako magcook kahit magdusa sila sa lasa wahehehe, isa palang naluto ko sardinas na may repolyo, grabeh sira mukha ng kids kasi ayaw gulay kaso walang choice yun lang ulam nilabas ko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bette,
    That's a wise move. I'm price conscious now too. Now that I have my own family naku po may shopping strategy changed. If before I'm brand conscious and walang pakialam sa price, now its different. Mahirap na crisis pa naman. Sabi nga ng uncle ko naging kuripot na daw ako ngayon..wahahaha..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)