10.22.2008

My Search for a Universal Remote and More

I am a gadget freak.. I like gadgets and have no trouble using it. My husband commented that I like gadgets more than he does. Anyway, I was looking for reviews for a universal remote when I came across this website called Gadget Advisor. It has a great review of the Logitech universal remote. I wanted a remote that will replace the four different remotes we have right now in the family room. You see, we have a remote for the Plasma TV, one for the cable box, one for the Bose system and another one for the DVR. Can you imagine going through all of it just to watch a show? I really like how this universal remote looks, very sleek. After reading the article about this Logitech universal remote, I saw another article about the top extensions for Firefox. I use Firefox when dropping Entrecards and found it easy and faster than Internet Explorer. You might want to check out this article since it lists many useful addons for Firefox. I discovered through this article an addon that will take a snapshot of a whole page even if only a part of the page is shown on your screen. Neat! There is also an article about the best online backup service which will be very helpful for bloggers like us. Have you thought about backing up your blog? It crossed my mind but have not done anything about it. I don't know what I will do if this big server somewhere crashes along with my blogs. Fingers crossed! It is something not everyone thinks about, good thing I saw this, I'll have to consider using it. How about you, do you have your blogs or websites backed up?

1 comment:

  1. I think the Logitech Harmony 670 is the best remote out there. The Logitech's in general are VERY user friendly, pics on the buttons so even a 4 yr old could figure it out. It also has all the features you need to control many devices so it's a great bet! (We have a small retail store and for our clients this is the one we recommend-and the programming is not rocket science!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)