4.03.2009

PhotoHunt #13 - Stripes

Gondolier in Venice For this week's PhotoHunt, I have three completely diffferent subjects. This first one is our gondolier in Venice, Italy. Most gondoliers wear STRIPEd shirts like this one. There were a few that wore plain white shirts. You can view more of our gondola ride here.Roman Baths, TrierThis next photo is part of a Roman bath ruins in Trier, Germany. The red STRIPES here are made of red bricks. This is an example of great Roman engineering and architecture. See more here.

Checkpoint CharlieThis last photo was at the Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, Germany. The British soldier is holding the British Flag also known as the Union Jack while the American soldier is holding the American flag also known as the Stars and STRIPES.
PhotoHunt

19 comments:

  1. Lots of stripes on your holiday! I like the gondola post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos!!!!!

    My stripes are posted. Found all over Texas! Come see for yourself. Happy weekend wishes sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got fantastic shots. I've posted several today, including two from Venice. Stripes are everywhere, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! Love the perspective on the gondalier one. Thanks for visiting mine and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice shots! I love the first pic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell you had fun with this one!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that Checkpoint Charlie? I imagined it as quite different!

    A gondolier! How romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, creative shots. I especially like the middle one.
    sun stripes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo hunt!
    The gondolier on a cell phone is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Roman stripes. I've always enjoyed Roman architecture and engineering.
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great pics, nice take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha...now that's a multi-tasking gondolier! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Striped hollyday :) I haven`t been any of those places, but I sure love to go there someday :)

    Have a lovley weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all wonderful examples of the theme... have a great weekend, or what's left of it! My stripes are here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mareng barb, bonjour! got an award for you here: http://www.kalidadis.com/2009/03/sisterhood-award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. The gondolier keeps his balance so well. It would be so hard to row a rocking boat and stand still and bend down just to avoid being hit by the bridge, but not for him. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)