4.15.2010

Too Early to Think of College?

My daughter is now in 5th grade but she already has some ideas on what she'd like to study when she's in college. Actually, she's been talking about it even before she started school. I don't think any age is too young to talk to about what they want to be when they grow up. I believe that we should open up the idea to young children so that it would stay in their minds. I grew up in a family where the only option is to go to higher education after high school, no IFs or BUTs. The only question is 'What course will you be taking?' and "Where will you enroll?'. That is why even my son, who is only in Kindergarten, is already talking about what he wants to be when he grows up. I kept on telling my children that they can be anything they want to be as long as they set their mind to it. They can be an astronaut, a veterinarian, an engineer, a lawyer (even one who specializes in asbestos mesothelioma cases) or even a doctor or a teacher. As long as they love and enjoy what they're doing, then I will be a happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)