5.26.2009

Summer Vacation Soon

Three more weeks and it will be my kids' summer vacation. Wow, time flies! This time of the year, the kids are busy with school field trips, projects and of course, final exams for daughter A. I can't wait for all of these to be over so we can concentrate on preparing for our trip to the Philippines. My parents, who live in southern California, are already there. My parents are excited to see their grandkids and they already have the house ready for them. My sister and two of her kids are coming too so it is going to be a blast.

My daughter is only half-excited because she will be missing summer camp. She's been going to this summer day camp for years and she always have a blast. This year though, she's not going since we'll spend a month out of the country. I don't know if she realizes how lucky she is to be taking all these wonderful vacations abroad. Last year, we went to Europe for a month but she was still able to attend camp. We were able to make it happen since we left for our vacation the first week of June. This year though, we will be leaving on the 28th and will be back the first week of August. She asked me if we can stay home next summer. My answer? I don't know yet since dh and I are thinking of the cruises we've been and how we want to go on another one. As for now, I am looking forward to visiting my old country. Let me tell you, I can taste the lechon, star apple, marang and mangoes now. LOL

7 comments:

  1. What's marang? Hey I'm so excited that finally I can also go. Hopefully our skeds permit us to meet there. I'm excited na.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish to be able to spend a month of holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay on that marang Ms. Babette! i can smell it now! i'm so jealous. lol have fun you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send her to the camp and I'll go with you to the Philippines in her place. Kids may not always appreciate things as they happen, but later on in life they sure will appreciate the memories. Will you be blogging while you are away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb kumusta na? Taga Cebu ka ba barb?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice you mention marang. Oh, I still have not tasted that fruit yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you courier that fruit to me? Haha! Juz kidding : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)