10.20.2010

Still no Divorce in the Philippines

I was surprised to know that only two countries in the world has no legal divorce. One is my old country, the Philippines, and the other is Malta. I was playing around in Google after searching for the best weight loss product when I searched about divorce statistics. In other Catholic countries, their government has some form of divorce. It shows that in the Philippines, the Catholic church still has a big hold on the government. It is disappointing considering there are a lot of couples who are separated but cannot fully move on. I'm sure there are a lot of illegitimate children out there. Will there be a divorce in the Philippines ever? The answer is No for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :o)